FirstPROOF Professional is a powerful color accurate pre-press soft-proofing workflow product built on top of FirstPROOF Standard that includes a larger tool set and significant additional features. When added to a Harlequin, Esko-Graphics, Presstek DI or TIFF RIP it provides a number of extremely sophisticated capabilities.
The color management solution in FirstPROOF Pro is a completely new innovative method for generating color accurate soft proofs, which is inexpensive, easy to use and fast; thus removing the need for hard-copy proofs.
The larger tool set provides specialist pre-press tools for further checking of jobs, which greatly reduces errors. In doing so, users of FirstPROOF Pro can detect many more pre-press problems before exposing film, burning plates or worse still printing pages, thus saving valuable time and money.
Among the additional features is the ability to rotate separations (for example when an extra 90 degree rotation has occured), merge separations (such as P Blue CV & P Blue CVC) and the ability to also print.
- High performance remote (LAN) image viewing – pan, zoom, rotate and flip
- Job control – approve, reject, delete and output jobs
- Positional tools – coordinates, adjustable rulers, gridlines and guidelines
- Color tools – background paper color and opaque inks
- Modern UI – job hierarchy, job information, page thumbnails, navigation window and tooltips
- Measurement tools – distances, areas, screens (frequency and angle), color, density and barcode support
- Advanced tools – view black, ink limits, dot gain, tone curves, cylinder seam and duplex view
- Color-accurate viewing including a gamut check tool
- Page modification – crop, rotate, merge, knockout and clean
- Printing – separations, progressives or composites to any printer